Friday, July 25, 2008

Empty Nester!

This morning my son tells me that the birds are gone!  I guess it was time for them to spread their wings and move on!  It was a fun experience finding the eggs and watching them grow!  

Speaking of an empty nest, our son will be going back to the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in a few weeks . . . it has been wonderful having him home this summer and I can't believe I have to go through the departure again!  I'm getting emotional just thinking about it even though I am excited for him as he loves it there. He has met wonderful friends and is involved with a great church called Life Community Church in which he will be joining them again as part of the worship team.  Not to mention that he is a few miles from the ocean . . . he goes surfing in the morning before his classes. . .  and every minute that he can!  I love to hear about his adventures every day . . .  

So moms and dads, enjoy every minute you have with your children . . . the time just slips away so quickly!  

Here's Phil while sailing Sundance. He takes after his dad . . . he loves sailing, surfing, wake boarding, snow boarding . . . just to name a few.  We have been truly blessed by him!





No comments: